Tuesday, August 10, 2010

dream (not her).


Don't let me dream of her tonight
The past is present woe.
I'd like not dream of her tonight
Please let me let her go.
Her claws sink deep into my back
She laughs as my skin crawls.
I scream! No sound. The pain. My back!
As blood drip slowly falls.
Let Go! "Oh no! You're all of mine
Till death we'll never part
And as you bleed, you'll know that I'm
The one who killed your heart.
So die my love, my fool of love!"
I'll die! I shall not live!
"If death is what you wish my love,
Then death I shall not give."
I've died so very long ago,
And yet, I'm still alive.
Between two worlds, no place to go
Faint hope... I barely thrive.
Don't let me dream of her tonight.
I'd rather dream... of you!

3 comments:

  1. this is very nice. it might be nice if we could hear you read the poetry, too! keep writing, keep putting life into words and words into life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I recognize this poem! :) Love how you read it. Gave it a life beyond its life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what a surpise - these comments. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete