Tuesday, November 23, 2010

untitled.


It's midday as I sit this ledge watching passers-by
Thoughts flee - my struggles; I turn to those I see
No trace of Joy in faces of the few that catch my eye
Bearing the invisible weights, named Sorrow and Agony.
Why add mine to theirs? As I contemplate a choice
To lay mine down and watch it rise into the atmosphere
I pray this act speaks stronger than Thunder's rumbling voice
That we may see the sound of Joy acute, and yet so clear.
I wrench my heart for you, and more for me (but secretly)
And grieve the heavy burdens carried, written in your frame
So lay them down and let them go, one and the same are we
I choose sweet and singing sounds of Joy, that she may know my name.

There can be no peace without war!
Is not this peace that lives within, worth dying for?

2 comments:

  1. "that she might know my name"

    I really liked that.

    Your comment at Seedlings made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete