Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Agony." performed and choreographed by MAXIDUS



When approached to present a performance piece for the opening exhibit entitled, "Preludes" to be performed at the Salt Space in Manhattan, I decided to take on the emotional mindset of Jesus Christ as he made His way to the Garden of Gethsemane. I consider this a daring challenge, and as such, I could not pass up.

I wanted to wrestle with the thoughts and struggles while in the garden that He (Jesus) endured between His "humanness" and His "Godness". Knowing His mission from before the beginning of time, and now with the time now upon Him, how greatly He revealed this duality in such an intimate setting. Jesus was sorrowful to the point of death! Sweats of blood! He cries out to His Father to have to have Him excused from the very point of His earthly calling. Why?

I have entitled this piece "Agony".

April 23, 2011 at Salt Space, New York City

2 comments: